Do you have a story to tell? From Fan Fiction to Original Work, share your characters, worlds, and what the plot happens to them!
This year there will be two major prizes from the amazing team at World Anvil! Your all in one place for world building, story bibling, and more for writers and storytellers.
To submit your story, fill out the form at the bottom of this page before September the 23rd.
Fan Fiction and Original Work will be judged by their:
- Overall story plot cohesion.
- Quality of characters and setting.
- Adhering to the word count limit.
It’s encouraged that you’ve at least done a rough proofread of your work. Line-level prose will not be examined but glaring typos and misspelt words will be noted.
The Winner for Best Overall Original Work will receive a 1 year Grandmaster level Subscription to World Anvil.
The Winner for Best Overall Fan Fiction will receive a 1 year Master level Subscription to World Anvil.
Honorable Mentions for both Original Work and Fan Fiction shall each receive a $20 voucher from Area 52!
- Your story must be between 1,000 and 2,500 words.
- Your story is PG rated.
- Please fill out the Google form found below for each story you wish to submit.
- Stories can be Fan Fiction or Original work, from fantasy or science fiction to modern day contemporary.
- This year we will not be taking poetry.
- Multiple entries by one artist can be accepted, with a maximum of two in each category. Please be advised that you need to complete separate forms for each piece.
- The winning pieces will be showcased on the Taspop World Anvil page along with proper crediting to the author, the author keeps the rights to their IP for using the stories for any future use.
- LGBTQIA+ themes, characters, and settings are more than welcome across all genres.
- Any story that is obscene, offensive, blasphemous, pornographic, unlawful, threatening, menacing, abusive, harmful, an invasion of privacy or publicity rights, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, illegal or otherwise objectionable; will be disqualified from the competition.
Short form fiction not your forte but you want to give it a go? Here’s some tips:
- Think of this story as a snippet or ‘episode’ of a larger story or work. For example: instead of a complete mystery novel – the scene of the crime? Catching the criminal? Is there a filler episode that could work in a tv or comic series?
- Limit your characters to no more than three.
- Have only one central plot point that is the conflict of your story.
Need a hand with genres?
- Contemporary: post WW2 to Modern Day, no speculative elements like supernatural creatures etc.
- High Fantasy: a lot of magic and set in a historical setting.
- Urban Fantasy: magic is hidden or open to humans in a modern setting.
- Science Fiction: set in the future with speculative technology.
- Romance: following the love story of two or more people.
- Mystery/Thriller: following a crime or investigation until the answer is found.
- Entries will be judged by the committee.
- Winning entries will be displayed publicly on the Taspop World Anvil page.
- All stories must be the writer’s own work, no collaborations, with citing the source/inspiration material for your Fan Fiction.
- Prizes will be given out at the closing ceremony.
To submit your story, fill out this form before September the 23rd!