- Any reference to TasPop, TasPop North, or TasPop South includes:
the festival committee and its representatives, volunteers, officers, agents, associates, business entities, assignees, affiliates, or other person or entity authorised to act on behalf of the Tasmanian Popular Culture Society (TasPop).
- Any reference to Vendor includes a person, partnership, trust, trustee, corporation or any other business entity on the completion of the vendor application. Further, the said vendor’s agents, representatives, employees, associates, business entities, assignees, affiliates, or other person or entity authorised to act on behalf of the vendor is bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Once an invoice has been created and sent to a vendor these Terms and Conditions will become fully enforceable.
- TasPop reserve the right to enforce these Terms and Conditions.
Sponsors and Vendors
- Once approved, Exhibitors will be sent an invoice with a date of payment. Failure to pay this fee by the due date may lose the Exhibitor the opportunity to trade at TasPop North, as well as at future events run by TasPop.
- An Exhibitor’s space is only guaranteed once payment has been supplied in full. Any additional Tables and Chairs requested after this point will be subject to availability.
- Exhibitors who fail to pay by the due date on their invoice may appeal their cancellation, but will incur a late fee of up to 20%.
- Any cancellations made past the 9th of September will be ineligible for a Refund. Exceptions may be made for extreme circumstances, at TasPop’s discretion.
- All Exhibitors are to act in the interest of TasPop North and therefore take no action that will detract from or draw attendees away from the venue.
- Tables will be allocated in the order that they are sold.
- A forklift and/or palette jack will not be available for TasPop North.
- Neither TasPop, nor the venue, will accept responsibility for the safety or well-being of any display or product item delivered to the site. It is very important that all items are clearly marked with your company name and table number(s).
- Neither TasPop nor the venue will take delivery of such items on behalf of an Exhibitor, unless prior arrangements have been made. Please note that all goods and property must be removed from the premises Saturday evening.
- If items being sold by a Vendor have been tampered with (ie special/hologram cards removed from TCG packs, only 2 figures from a 3-figure set, or pre opened blind-boxes) this MUST be made clear to potential buyers. Failure to do so may see you barred from trading at future TasPop events.
- (a). Items or artworks considered to be explicit or containing ‘Not Safe For Work’ (NSFW) content including nudity, sexual content, and/or excessive gore/violence, may be sold at TasPop North. However, these items cannot be publicly displayed during the festival. These items must be kept in a closed folder or display book out of plain view of general attendees until requested by a potential buyer for view.
(b). Carding of buyers before purchases are the responsibility of Exhibitors, and TasPop will not be held accountable for sale of this content to underage buyers.
- All Exhibitors must ensure that their displays do not obstruct the flow of traffic around or through their allocated space. Displays must be removed or relocated upon request by TasPop or the venue staff. Equipment such as display boards or clothing racks may be brought in by the Vendor.
- Any damage caused by the Exhibitor, their Staff, or by items affixed to the venue doors, glass, floors, or walls that will create a removal, cleaning and/or resurfacing cost will be charged to the Exhibitor.
- (a). All portable equipment, appliances, chargers, or lighting used at TasPop North (ie: anything that is plugged in to the venue power supply) must be tested and tagged in accordance with state Workplace Health and Safety Regulations and Australian Standard 3760-2000. All power extension leads and power boards must also hold current tagging. The use of double adaptors is prohibited at TasPop North at all times.
(b). Arrangements must be made with your nominated electrician for the purpose of testing and tagging all electrical items and leads. Any Test & Tag conducted by TasPop’s contracted electrician during bump in will incur a cost of $10 per item, which will be billed directly to the Exhibitor at the conclusion of the event. Any electrical equipment found to be untagged must be tested and tagged or removed from the venue immediately.
- To the maximum extent permitted, TasPop does not accept (and will not have) any liability to the Exhibitor for costs, losses or damages which might be suffered by the Exhibitor or by any other person through participation in the festival and hereby releases TasPop from and against all claims, demands, actions, damages, costs, charges and expenses or other liabilities whatsoever that may be made, brought against, suffered, sustained or incurred by the Exhibitor arising out of or in connection with the Exhibitor’s participation in the festival in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The display and sale of any Prohibited and/or Restricted material must comply with the relevant Tasmanian legislation. The following items are not permitted within the venue for either display or sale purposes:
- Items deemed weapons under Tasmanian legislation.
- Bootleg items or material violating copyright laws (Fan Art* is allowed at TasPop events).
- Substances and Devices illegal under either Tasmanian or Commonwealth legislation.
- Food or beverages of any kind, unless preapproved by TasPop.
Any Exhibitor in possession of these items will be asked to have them removed from the premises. In serious occurrences, TasPop reserves the right to have the exhibitor ejected from the venue and banned from future TasPop events.